<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, September 16, 2003

We watched Ghost Dog: The Way of the Samurai last night. At 7.5 out of 10, I think it's one of the more over-rated movies on IMDB I've seen so far. How a homeless man learns several martial arts and the skills of a high-tech assassin in a few years... I don't know. I'm all for suspension of disbelief, but a movie needs to give me something to suspend it on.

But it was a Jim Jarmusch film, and I'm still trying to decide if I like Jim Jarmusch. It wasn't a bad movie, just a little silly. Not as good as Dead Man, or Stranger than Paradise. Any huge Jim Jarmusch fans out there would probably like it, but I don't know any Jim Jarmusch fans, except maybe my cousin Beth. (I'm assuming, since Beth is the biggest movie buff I know, once even commenting on the factors, other than the T in TULIP, that drives a man to make a movie like The Pillow Book).

We got the extended version of Brazil too from Netflix, but that'll be a social occasion, so you'll have to wait a bit if you're interested.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Google Analytics Alternative