<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Election Thoughts 

I am very happy that Bush won. This I am sure comes as a surprise to nobody familiar with me or my blog.

I am also especially happy that he has won with a majority, which will hopefully silence some of the "Selected, not Elected" talk. I say this because I am hopeful that this country will be somewhat more united now than it has been for the last few years.

I do not say any of this because I think Bush is a perfect candidate. I'm not sure that anyone does think that. But our democratic institutions are more important than any one man. I said before the election, and I'll say it again- it would have been better for Kerry to win, than for Bush to win but our electoral system to be trashed in the process.

Also more important than any one candidate or any one party- the Christian's love for his neighbor. I'm sure most of the people reading this are Bush supporters. Do me a favor- don't gloat. Don't rub it in your Democrat friends' faces. Maybe we can rebuild a little bit of civility in this country. The folks over at Democratic Underground are talking about secession and leaving the country. I'm sure they're a small minority. But a snotty winning side will push more moderate Democrats into that camp. So, let's be nice.
Proverbs 24:17-18:
Do not rejoice when your enemy falls, And do not let your heart be glad when he stumbles; Lest the LORD see it, and it displease Him, And He turn away His wrath from him.

I think it would be a little bit of a stretch to call the Republicans the "Party of God" right now. Let's not act like it is.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Google Analytics Alternative