<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, January 13, 2005

The Lord's Pity 

I got about two hours of sleep last night, and it was totally avoidable; completely my fault.

I drank way too much coffee at Bible study last night, ignoring my wife's concerned looks. I'm not 18 any more, and more than 1 small cup of coffee after about 6 in the even will cause me problems. I had 4 (I think).

About four in the morning, I was reminded of Psalm 103, where it says "As a father pities his children, so the Lord pities them that fear Him." I remembered how sorry I felt for Katie when she would make her own life miserable by being so obstinate, refusing to submit to us, and getting punished as a result. I'd look at her crying, and think to myself, If only you'd just do what obviously needs to be done, or not do the obvious stupid things you're doing right now, you'd be so much happier.

I'm pretty sure that's what the Lord was thinking in re: me, at about four in the morning last night.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Google Analytics Alternative