<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, March 06, 2006

Communion 

Two new sermons have been uploaded. The first is the last sermon in my series on Acts, and presents the doctrine of the Kingdom of God, as we see it in Acts and elsewhere.

The second begins a series on the Lord's Table that I am going to pursue over the next few weeks. I have perceived a tendency in myself to focus on my own sins when going to the Lord's Table. And I am wondering if this is not a badly misplaced focus. We are told that when we eat the bread and drink the cup, we are proclaiming the Lord's death, till He comes. And while I must, according to 1 Corinthians 11, examine myself in order to eat of the table worthily, it seems to me that my participation in the table itself must be focused on Christ's work, not on my sin. Therefore the table is a celebration of a victory, which is what Christ's death was and is, not on my own condemnation and worthlessness.

You can download the sermon to explore this topic in more detail.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Google Analytics Alternative